Sails of Glory: HMS Swan 1767 (engl.)
HMS Swan was the lead ship in the Swan class of ship-sloops. She was launched on 21 November 1767. HMS Swan served during the American Revolutionary War, but in 1779 she was converted to an 8-gun fire ship and renamed “Explosion”. In 1783, she was reconverted to sloop, and later sailed to the East Indies, Jamaica and the North Sea, where it captured two privateers. She was laid up at Portsmouth in 1801 and sold for disposal in 1814. This ship pack can also be used to represent the British ship-sloop “HMS Fairy 1778”.