Spirit Island: Jagged Earth (engl.)
Peril racks Spirit Island. The invaders are more numerous and more capable than ever before. As hope begin to fade, defense of the island falls to those spirits more in tune with the danger and chaos of the natural world. Will you be able to harness their power to protect the island or will it fall to the persistence of the invaders? Whatever the outcome, Spirit Island will never be the same after the time of Jagged Earth!
- 10 new Spirits!
- 2 new Adversaries!
- 5 optional Aspects for 4 of the core game spirits!
- Badlands tokens - a new way to fight the Invaders!
- Element tokens!
- 2 new Scenarios!
- 2 new Island boards (labelled E and F), for more island variety / 5 and 6 player games!
- Enough new plastic, wood, and punchboard tokens for a 5 or 6 player game!
- 50+ new Major and Minor Power Cards!
- 30+ new Event Cards!
- 6 new Fear Cards!
- 6 new Blight Cards, including some "Still-Healthy Island" Blight Cards!
Spirit Island: Jagged Earth also contains rules for a variety of play options - combining Adversaries, playing with an Archipelago (split island), and more. You can try those out right now - download the PnP playtest rules for them here!
All that you need to play Spirit Island: Jagged Earth is the core game of Spirit Island! While some spirits, adversaries, and cards do use tokens and rules introduced in Branch & Claw, all needed components and rules are included, making everything playable with just the core game and Jagged Earth.
Of the 10 Spirits in Jagged Earth:
- Two require only rules from the core game (one has a way of interacting with the Event Deck, which is simply ignored if playing without it)
- Two use concepts or components new to this expansion, but don’t require anything from Branch & Claw
- Four use one or more of the tokens introduced in Branch & Claw (also included in Jagged Earth), some of which also use new rules and components
- And all 10 of them bring fun and interesting gameplay options to the table, not seen in Spirit Island before!